In this article, we will share 8 easy steps to upload documents in digilocker app and 9 easy steps to upload documents in digilocker website. See, everybody deserves to be happy, and if you’ve always had trouble to documents in digilocker app, that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it. In this life, there are no hopeless issues.
DigiLocker is a cloud storage facility for government-issued documents that was developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) as part of the Digital India Corporation (DIC). It utilises your Aadhaar Card as identity and allows you to digitise and access your papers at any time, as long as you have an Internet connection. Also, you can generate a QR code, connect it to the app, and make usage easier.
These digitised papers are accepted by trains, traffic police, and, most recently, for passport services, and are deemed to be on par with original physical documents. As a result, we’ve put up a step-by-step instructions for uploading documents to DigiLocker.
Issued and uploaded documents are both possible in DigiLocker. Issued papers are e-documents that have been issued straight from the source by government entities to a person. In the issued documents area, these papers are saved as URLs.
As the name implies, the uploaded documents are those that a user uploads to their DigiLocker account. These files can be.pdf,.jpeg, or.png files that are less than 10MB in size.
Table of Contents
8 easy steps to upload documents in digilocker app:
- Open the DigiLocker app and log in.
- Tap the burger menu in the top left corner of the dashboard.
- Select Documents to Upload.
- On the top, next to the menu button, tap the upload button.
- You’ll be asked to grant the app permission to access your files.
- Next, depending on what you want to upload, choose Files or Content from Other Apps.
- Selecting ‘Files’ takes you to your phone’s storage (inside the app), where you can go to the file you want to upload, select it, and touch Upload.
- Content from other apps will launch your phone’s default file browser.
Also read: How to view issued documents in Digilocker?
9 easy steps to upload documents in digilocker website:
- To sign up for DigiLocker, go to the website and click the Sign Up button in the upper right corner.
- Your full name, date of birth, gender, cellphone number, email address, and Aadhaar number will be required. You’ll also have to create a six-digit PIN that serves as your password. When you’re finished, click Submit.
- Your registered phone number will get an OTP.
- Click Submit after entering the OTP.
- You’ll be prompted to create a username. When you’re finished, click Submit, and your account should be established.
- Your DigiLocker homepage will be forwarded to you. On the left side of the page, select Uploaded Documents.
- Select Upload.
- Select the file from your computer that you wish to upload and click Open. You can also pick several files.
- The Uploaded Documents section will now contain these files.
You may also choose a document type for the files you upload. A Select Doc Type option will appear in front of the files. When you click on it, a list of current document kinds will appear, including utility bills, dependency certificates, integrated certificates, identification certificates, and more.